Afternoon Style : Tips for Dressing in the Second Trimester

4/24/2015

Tips for Dressing in the Second Trimester


If you're wondering where I've been or what has happened to this blog in the last couple weeks, let me tell you... the last month of pregnancy is rough. You have very little energy and a long to-do list to get ready for baby. You have aches and pains that just aren't fun and sleeping becomes your favorite activity. So the reason I haven't blogged in almost two weeks is because... hello almost full-term pregnancy! 

With that said, I really wanted to get this post out about dressing your bump in the second trimester. See my tips for dressing in the first trimester here

Throughout my pregnancy, I have often been told how the second trimester is the best part of pregnancy... and I have to agree! If you are in your second trimester, enjoy this time! It goes fast and this is the time you will feel great throughout your pregnancy. Enjoy these tips for dressing and feeling your best during this time. 

1. Buy some pregnancy leggings. During pregnancy, anything with a stretchy waist becomes your best friend. I was able to wear regular leggings for a while, but once your waistband starts getting too tight on your growing belly, you will want to be comfortable in leggings made specifically for mamas. I love Old Navy's maternity leggings and Pink Blush Maternity's leggings. I'm sure there are tons of great leggings out there, but these are the ones I tried and I loved them!

Full post here

2. Invest in maternity jeans! I don't know why, but maternity jeans are kind of intimidating until you try them. So many women will put off getting them (myself included) and I don't know why. I wore my jeans with a belly band for the longest time and when that became uncomfortable, I graduated to maternity jeans. And let me tell you, the difference was amazing! Maternity jeans are so comfortable on your growing bump- I recommend getting them as soon as your jeans become snug. There are tons of brands out there, but my favorite jeans are from Pink Blush Maternity. They are so comfortable, stretchy, and the full panel waistbands will grow with your bump throughout your pregnancy. I do recommend sizing up with any maternity jeans, as you are are a little bigger with a bump! 
Full post here

Full post here

3. You do not need an entire maternity wardrobe! Okay hear me out on this one, but you do not need a completely new maternity wardrobe. You are pregnant for 9 months and you will probably only wear maternity clothes for 5-6 of those months. I'm not saying don't buy any maternity clothes, but you don't need to break the bank in the process. If you see a non-maternity item you like, try it on in a size up! You never know if it may work. Plus then you may be able to wear it post-pregnancy and save money! 

Full post here


4. One word: Stretch. Clothes that are stretchy are your best friends while you're pregnant. Whether it's pants, dresses, or shirts- they're all great. I absolutely love cotton v-necks during pregnancy. If you size up, you can wear them in the second and possibly the third trimester as well. They are great for layering and mixing with different outfits! I also love stretchy shift dresses. They will stretch over your bump and keep you comfortable. 

Full post here

Full post here

5. Show off your bump! My last tip is to show what you've got! Pregnancy goes by fast and you have to work so hard growing that baby! So you might as well look good while doing so and show everyone how cute your bump is. Open cardigans and kimonos are great for this. So are belts that are worn above the bump. Or my personal favorite- I love wearing a skirt or dress with a shirt tied right above the bump! 

Full post here

Full post here

Full post here 

Full post here

There you have it! My 5 top tips for dressing in the second trimester. If you're a growing mama, what are you tips for dressing the bump?

See more of my bump style on instagram!