Afternoon Style : 3 Ways to Style a Lace Dress

4/01/2015

3 Ways to Style a Lace Dress



I'm a big fan of anything lace and this pink lace dress from Pink Blush Maternity is no exception. Over the years I've bought many different lace dresses (I just can't stay away from them) and I love how wearable and versatile they are! This particular dress is a maternity dress, but you don't have to look very far to find a lace dress that fits your style if you aren't pregnant. There are multiple silhouettes available, check the links at the bottom of the post for more info if you're in the market for one! Because lace dresses are so versatile and a great staple for your closet, today I want to show you three simple ways to style a lace dress for spring. 

And if you are currently pregnant, be sure to check out Pink Blush Maternity because they have the best maternity clothes!

1. Dressed-Up

I love having a go-to item anytime I need to dress up. Whether it's for church or a special occasion, a lace dress is always a great item to grab from your closet. The thing about lace fabric is that it looks dressy all on it's own and it's very easy to style. I wore it with a nude cross-body and heels to keep it simply, but classy. This Sparkle & Gem statement necklace also added the perfect bit of glam. And if you're going for an extremely dressy look, you can always add a structured blazer or jacket!





Pink Blush Maternity dress c/o | Nine West crossbody via TJ Maxx, similar from Nine West | Target nude pumps | Aldo handbag, similar here 

2. Dressed Down 

As much as I love dressing up, I'm a casual girl through and through. Lace dresses make the perfect daytime attire, when paired with the right accessories. With a light cardigan, some fun sandals, and my go-to white spring handbag, it was the perfect outfit for being out and about running errands. BTW, I love the crochet detailing on this cardigan! I love the contrast of textures it creates. 




Pink Blush Maternity dress c/o | TJ Maxx cardigan (a few years old) similar here | Target sandals (these are the infamous glitter sandals that sell out every year!) | Aldo handbag (old) similar option here

3. Layered 

I love adding layers to an outfit because it adds dimension, texture, and of course warmth- when needed. A basic chambray is the perfect item to layer over a lace dress in the spring and it adds a bit of color! For some added texture, add your favorite leather wedges and you've got the perfect layered outfit for spring!







Pink Blush Maternity dress c/o | H&M chambray (old), similar here | Target wedges (old), similar here | Aldo handbag, similar here 

How would you wear a lace dress? Thanks so much for reading and shop options below if you're interested!