Afternoon Style : Dressing the Bump: Graphic Tees

3/23/2015

Dressing the Bump: Graphic Tees


Graphic tees are something that I definitely go back and forth with. Sometimes I really like them and other times I'm not a fan. I've learned that in order for me to wear them, they have to be 1. comfy 2. not too tight 3. I have to actually like the graphic displayed. (Let's face it, some graphic tees are just weird.)

When you find graphic tees that you like, they are great before and during pregnancy. They stretch over the bump and can be very comfortable and let's face it- by the time you're in your third trimester you're all about comfort. Here are two ways to dress your bump with graphic tees without sacrificing comfort or style. 

Casual & Layered 





In my mind, casual=comfort 99% of the time. To achieve this look, grab your favorite graphic tee, and wear it with a loose button-up, your favorite maternity jeans, and some patterned flats. Naturally, I went for a striped button-up and leopard flats for some simple pattern mixing. If you're in the market for maternity jeans check out Pink Blush Maternity because these things are magical. 

Old Navy graphic tee (old) | J.Crew button-up | Pink Blush Maternity jeans c/o | Mindy Mae's Market flats (old) | Old Navy clutch (old) [see similar items at end of post] | Sparkle & Gem bracelets

Dressed-Up 





Some people say that tee shirts can't be dressed up and I think those people are wrong. You can totally wear a graphic tee in a dressy way! To do so, pair it with a pencil skirt and instead of tucking it in, let it drape over the skirt so you can show off your gorgeous bump. Layer your favorite statement necklace and throw on matching booties or heels to finish off the look. Since my outfit mainly consists of neutrals, I picked a hot pink statement necklace to bring some color to the outfit. 

Old Navy tee (old) | Forever 21 pencil skirt | Target booties (old) | Old Navy clutch (old) | Le Boutique necklace c/o | Sparkle & Gem bracelet [see similar options below]