Afternoon Style : Mixing Spring Patterns

3/25/2015

Mixing Spring Patterns







Old Navy striped shirt (old) | floral scarf (old, similar) | Pink Blush Maternity jeans c/o | Target wedges (old, similar) | similar bag | Sparkle & Gem bracelets 

It's no secret that I love mixing different prints and patterns. It's easy to do and it can definitely take a simple outfit from boring to exciting. I get a lot of questions and comments from friends and readers about how I decide which patterns to mix when putting together an outfit and I'm here to tell you how easy it really is. 

I'm currently working on an easy how-to guide for mixing patterns for any occasion- but today I want to talk about mixing patterns in the spring time. 

It's not a surprise that pastels and bright colors are on-trend every spring. They always have been and always will be. One of my favorite ways to wear spring colors is by mixing two different colorful pieces with completely different prints. For example, this blue shirt has bold, thin stripes and the bright coral scarf I'm wearing has a large floral pattern. These patterns and colors contrast well together, without looking too busy- which is exactly what I go for when mixing patterns. 

Are you a fan of mixing patterns? What are your favorite patterns to mix together? 

I've linked up some patterned items below that will go great with one another, if you're interested!