Afternoon Style : Cobalt & Pink Gingham

3/18/2015

Cobalt & Pink Gingham







Dark blues and light pinks go so well together, especially in the spring time. I tied this gingham shirt right above my baby bump, because I love making my bump the focal point of my outfit. I always feel much less frumpy and much more stylish when I take that approach. You can also use this tying method when not pregnant, and it makes for a really cute outfit because the center of your outfit is pulled from the hips and up to the waist. 

I wore this outfit to church last week and I just can't not wear heels to church. I feel so weird wearing flats when dressing up- maybe that's just my own issue? I've always had a hard time wearing heels with maxi skirts, but if you keep them neutral and simple, it totally works. 

This maxi skirt is the softest material and I know it's something I'll continue to wear post pregnancy. It's only $6.00... yes you read that right! You really can't beat that price for a skirt! You can purchase it on instagram @shopwholesale23, where Dani Leigh Apparel posts many discounted items. 

pink gingham: very old, options here and here | Dana Leigh Apparel maxi skirt c/o | Target heels (sold out, almost identical here for less than $30!) | Sole Society bag | Sparkle & Gem necklace | Sparkle & Gem bracelets here and here