Afternoon Style : Kidogo Kidogo: One-for-One

6/30/2014

Kidogo Kidogo: One-for-One

I was given the chance to review a phone case from Kidogo Kidogo, a one-for-one business that sells iphone cases that benefit the lives on Tanzanian women and children.

One-for-One businesses are brilliant. For one, their business model can market itself in some cases, which is so smart. More importantly, the concept is just such a good idea... why only help one person when you can help two!?

That's what Kidogo Kidogo is all about.


Kidogo Kidogo translates to "little by little" in Swahili, a Tanzinian native language. The aim is to lift the financial barrier that prevent women in Tanzania from having access to life changing mobile-technology. Not a lot of women there own cell phones, but oh how they could use them! It's interesting, because I use my phone for all sorts of things and many of them are not absolutely necessary or pertinent to my life. For these women, they need these phones. It make it to where they can continue to live happily and provide for their families. 


What a beautiful woman and a beautiful concept! Read more about how these phones have helped real women in Tanzania, here

In addition to providing communication to women and children, these phones do more. They are also flash lights, watches, calculators, cameras and radios. 

The creators of these phone cases have made the designs match the natural environment of Tanzania. I have the turtle phonecase, which is currently sold out. However, you can view their other cute cases here.




I look down at my phone case and I wonder who was helped today. I don't need to know who. Just knowing that I did is enough.

To learn more, go here