Afternoon Style : Styling a Shift Dress: Day to Night Series

8/12/2014

Styling a Shift Dress: Day to Night Series

 Lately, I have really been loving shift dresses. They are a perfect staple for summer- or any season, for that matter. Shift dresses are simple pieces that can be dressed for many occasions and they are extremely versatile. 

I recently purchased this cute striped cotton shift dress from Target (on sale!) and today I'm going to show you how I wore it for a daytime look. 







For this daytime look, I kept it really casual. I love how the dress is very light-weight and loose-fitting, but it doesn't look frumpy. A statement necklace and ankle strap sandals add a little bit of glam, without being too much- in order to stay with the simple theme of the outfit. 

Be sure to check back on Thursday to see the full evening look with this dress! 

Do you have a shift dress that you love wearing? How do you like to style it? 

Thanks for reading!

dress: Target (not available online) // sandals: target, old