Afternoon Style : My Go-to Summer Look

7/28/2014

My Go-to Summer Look

If you've followed this blog for a while or are somewhat familiar with my style, then you probably know that I love an easy and casual look that looks put-together... I mean, who doesn't?
This look is just that. It's pretty effortless and I've had it on repeat a lot lately...


a solid tee or cami, a tied button-up oxford shirt, jeans or shorts, and simple oxfords or sandals. 

This has been the perfect outfit for me all summer. I love tying a button-up shirt and leaving it open instead of buttoning it up. It creates a casual look and allows you to be cool, especially with warmer temperatures. 
This also works well with sandals, but working in an office or from home often, I usually like to wear closed toed shoes- especially comfortable loafers. 


When you're going for a simple look like this, try mixing patterns- which will make even the most casual outfit pop. Wearing a striped button-up, like this one from J.Crew Factory and leopard loafers give that effect. 






shirt: J.Crew Factory, last season, similar here and here // jeans: old, loving these and these // loafers: Mindy Mae's Market, old, loving these and these // aviators: Grand Lake boutique, similar here 

To see a similar styled look, with a tied gingham shirt look here. 

Thanks for following! What is your go-to summer look? Please share your thoughts in the comments, I love hearing from you!