Afternoon Style : DIY Leather Braided Bracelet

2/17/2014

DIY Leather Braided Bracelet

Happy Monday! I hope you had an amazing Valentine's weekend with your loved ones. I will share more about my weekend on this blog, later this week. 

If you know me, you know that I love making jewelry. It is one of my all time favorite hobbies. A lot of the things I make are very glitzy and blingy- I love a good piece of statement jewelry. However, sometimes I like to make simpler and more boho pieces. I am loving this braided leather c/o Endless Leather. Their leather supplies are gorgeous! Here's how I made my own braided leather bracelet.


I found my flat braided leather in turquoise, here. It came as a long strand that was already braided, which makes this project even easier. I decided to use a magnetic connector instead of a clasp, which can be found here


1. Begin by measuring your wrist. My wrist measures 6" so I like my bracelets to be 6.5" because I like a pretty snug fit. If you like your bracelets to be loose, you will want to make it an inch bigger than the circumference of your wrist.
2. Cut your leather accordingly. I cut mine at a length of 7". This was more than enough and I trimmed it down a few steps later, but I just wanted to play it safe.
3. Attach your first connector. Run a line of hot glue on the edge of the end of the leather. You want to put glue on the flat edge that will be pushed into the connector. It doesn't take a lot of glue. When you put the leather strand into the connector, hold it in place for a minute to make sure it will hold and stay put. 
4. Before putting the second connector on, make sure it is the desired length. This is when I trimmed more leather off until it was the perfect length for my wrist. 



This is the perfect little bracelet and it will go with just about any casual outfit! It is super easy to put on, since the clasp is magnetic too. The leather is really durable and I love that it came already braided. Even when you cut it, it still stays together. This project only took about 10 minutes total and it was super fun. 

Be sure to try out this tutorial and make your very own leather braided bracelet! 

Thank-you for following and for all your sweet comments. I appreciate each and every one of them!



 photo jessica_zps59320b5b.png